Monday, August 1, 2011

For the Inquiring Minds....

I wanted to post a brief family update so that all who care to know are up-to-date. First, Kristine's knee update...I do not require surgery!! Went to physical therapy on Friday and the clicking has stopped. I have done the exercises semi-regularly (it IS only Monday) which were suggested for building up the muscles around my knee cap (I apparently have "mushy" knee cartilage). There is still tenderness, but I worry less since the clicking and popping has stopped. I will not attempt running until going up and down stairs is easy and painless. I also had part of my toe nail removed on one of my big toes. Probably something I should have done a year ago, but it was getting to be very tender and with the proposed walking schedule this fall, felt it was time to do something about it. Now I have to soak it twice a day for 10 days and avoid the ocean for a month.

This brings me to family news. After cramming MOST of our belongings into our van, we left Winston-Salem on Saturday and are currently with Louis' sister, Amanda, and her family on Signal Mountain in Tennessee. We are having a lot of fun with cousins on their trampoline and will be attempting some outings in the area this week. On Saturday we head back to Virginia for a week at a lake with friends and then to Norfolk for more family and lastly, to the DC area to visit my brother, Ray, and his wife, Ann, and depart for Boston via train on August 20! Louis went to work with his brother-in-law, Tommy, today and made headway on some things he needs to accomplish prior to Semester at Sea. Speaking of SAS, if you are unaware, we will have a SAS-only blog for those who are interested in the fall trip our family is taking and less in the regular family updates! You can also receive email notifications which are quite handy for knowing when we post about a port-of-call. Here is the link:
http://nelsonvoyage.wordpress.com/

For our praying friends, we had some plumbing issues in our house which seem to be resolved, but would appreciate any prayers for all to go well with the house while we are out of the country. Our tenants are two lovely ladies and a dog and we desire for their stay to be stress-free and uneventful!

As always, we are available by cell phone (434-906-0566).
Hugs to all.
Kristine

No comments:

Post a Comment